External Programs funding coordinator
ONG: Oxfam Italia
Posizione: External Programs Funding Coordinator
Dipartimento: Institutional Partnerships and Funding Office
Sede: Florence, Travel to country and regional offices will be required
Contratto: Fixed Term Contract (contratto da dipendente a tempo determinato)
Durata: 1 year renewable. There will be a probationary period of three months.
Disponibilità: March 2018
Scadenza candidature: 28-01-2018
- To lead fundraising for the External Programs Department, against existing funding priorities targeted at approx. 12 M Euro per year.
- To further develop and lead the implementation and updates of the 2017-21 fundraising strategy in line with Oxfam Italy External Programs overall strategy
- To facilitate the proposal development and bid writing of External Programs restricted funds across countries and in line with external donor requirements
The External Programs Funding Coordinator will be line managed by the Head of Institutional Partnership and Funding Office. She/he will work closely with the Institutional Partnership and Funding team, the Director of Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Department, the Global Portfolio Manager and Country Relationship Managers, Program Development, Humanitarian and Grant Managers teams, the Corporate and Major Givers Funding team at Oxfam Italy headquarters and the Funding Teams at country and regional level, to support the implementation of Oxfam Italy external programs funding strategy. The post-holder will assist in the multi-annual budget planning, identification of funding opportunities, support program teams to submit successful funding proposals, and coordinate donor relationships.
Travel to country and regional offices will be required (up to 50 working days per year).
- Funding Strategy and Coordination
- Supports on developing Funding Strategies for Country/Regional and multi country programs and humanitarian responses
- Works closely with and supports Global Portfolio Manager and Country Relationship Managers in implementation of the financing strategies in collaboration with Country Directors and funding teams to optimize income and to raise funds to meet targets
- Works closely with OIT Institutional Partnership and Funding team and OIT Home donors account managers to actively contribute to and be up to date regarding OIT donors engagement strategies
- Is actively engaged in Oxfam International Program Development and Funding Working Groups (at country and/or regional and/or global level) seeking opportunities for collaboration
- Provides support to Global Portfolio Manager, Country Relationship Managers and Program Development teams on various programmatic matters
- Proposals development
- Leads or supports the development and submission of high quality concept notes and proposals.
- In coordination with the Global Portfolio Manager, Country Relationship Managers, Program Development and Humanitarian teams leads/contributes to preparation of and submission of funding applications and liaise with relevant countries staff
- Works effectively with colleagues in other functions (such as Program Policy and Policy/Advocacy), partner organisations, and affiliates to develop joint funding proposals.
- Leads on development of work plans with adjacent budgets per proposal development process or fundraising initiative
- Lead/Contributes to preparation of and submission of multi-affiliate funding applications ensuring appropriate review/authorisation and liaises directly with the signatory of respective affiliates
- Internal and External Coordination
- Ensures effective coordination with OIT and other Oxfam affiliates at country, regional, and head office levels to ensure overview of funding, proposal submissions and donor liaison
- Gains understanding of relevant parts of Oxfam country programs, and develops and maintains excellent working relations and collaboration with Country Directors and country teams.
- Develops and seeks to expand upon appropriate partnerships in coordination with relevant affiliate representatives responsible for decision making / development of funding proposals
- Coordinates and liaises with Oxfam donors on operational issues, including addressing various funding/presentation requests
- Coordinates and liaises directly with affiliates to negotiate, agree and arrange on appropriate inter-partnership/affiliate funding MOUs
- Coordinates and liaises directly with OIT Major Givers Office and PE teams to facilitate/contribute to corporate projects development as required
- Strategic Planning and Information Management
- Updates the OIT External Programs budget with all confirmed and finalised funding streams and pipelines
- Monitors and updates of the OIT External Programs co-financing needs
- Ensures that funding files are complete and kept up-to-date
- Understands and maintains OIT’s donor income database and other internal systems
- Donor contract management
- Facilitates ‘grant opening meetings’ as required of projects funded by OIT backdonors
- Ensures all donor and funding related contract negotiations are in the best interests of Oxfam and follow internal policies and procedures of all relevant affiliates and donors
- Ensures OPA (Oxfam Project Agreements) are finalized in timely manner and follow internal policies and procedures
- Capacity building
- Assesses and strengthens the capacity of colleagues in the planning, securing and management of restricted funds using appropriate methodology, such as formal training, technical guidance, coaching and accompaniment.
- At least three years of relevant fundraising and grant management experience and proven track record of success;
- Experience of raising funds, negotiating and managing relations with Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, EC, UN and other institutional and non-institutional donors.
- Experience with tender bid development and management
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to produce concise and relevant proposals and reports
- Research and analytical skills and ability to evaluate proposals and reports and make recommendations for improvements
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to fundraising
- Strong project management skills, presentation skills
- Proficiency in Italian, English AND French
- High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to plan and work within agreed timeframes
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure
- Ability to understand and generate budgets
- Numeracy and strong financial skills, experience of working with financial data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with staff based in different countries and time zones
- Ability to work effectively with others collaborating, influencing, supporting, following as required in order to achieve fundraising targets
- Ability to represent Oxfam to donors and external institutions
- Willingness to travel
- Sympathy for Oxfam’s values and an understanding of poverty and development issues
The following qualifications will be considered as an asset:
- Organisational awareness – understanding how to get what information and who to keep informed.
- Good understanding of funding issues in relation to Northern and Southern NGOs work in emergencies and development
- Knowledge or experience of Oxfam’s development and humanitarian program work an advantage