Senior Consortium Coordinator-Serbia
ONG: Oxfam Italia
Posizione: Senior consortium coordinator
Dipartimento: Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Department
Sede: Belgrade – with frequent travels in other areas of Serbia
Contratto: Project based contract
Durata: 9 months – with possibility of extension
Disponibilità: September 2017
Scadenza candidature: 31-08-2017
Since May 2015, Serbia, like other countries in the Western Balkans, has seen a massive influx of refugees and migrants in transit from Greece to Hungary or Croatia. Oxfam Italia is committed to respond to the needs of refugees and migrants who are crossing specifically Serbia and FyROM. Currently, thanks to ECHO funding, Oxfam Italia is providing food to around 1,000 refugees and migrants hosted in Obrenovac transit centre in Serbia. The project will be ending on 23 September 2017, nevertheless Oxfam Italia, together with other ECHO partners in food provision (CARE, Caritas and Red Cross) is finalizing a new project proposal for a comprehensive food provision across 16 governmental reception centres in Serbia.
This new project will be done in Consortium and aims to assist refugees and migrants in Serbia in accessing three meals per day. The project is building on the lessons learned by the 4 partners in previous implementation of food provision activities, in coordination with ECHO, the Commissariat for Refugees and other Serbian authorities, UN agencies and other humanitarian actors.
The complex set of activities will guarantee access to food to 4.135 beneficiaries in 16 different reception centres in different localities. As such, it requires an experienced Senior Consortium Coordinator, who will ensure the timely and quality implementation of the consortium’s project, according to the approved proposal and in accordance with the rules and regulations of ECHO. The Senior Consortium Coordinator will facilitate close and effective coordination and collaboration between consortium partners, ensuring high quality implementation and documentation of project activities. He will be the final responsible for networking and for ensuring that project results are achieved.
The position will be hired by Oxfam Italia, as leader of the Consortium, and will directly report to Oxfam Italia Head of Humanitarian Office.
The Senior Consortium Coordinator will be the final responsible for the following tasks:
- consolidate and reinforce the newly established Consortium and its internal ways of working;
- represent and position the consortium towards external stakeholders ensuring the mission, vision and interests of the consortium and its members are protected;
- ensure coordination with ECHO, the Commissariat for Refugees and other Serbian authorities, as well as with other humanitarian actors in the field;
- take the lead in project planning and coordination, to ensure project is implemented in a timely and professional manner, according to objectives, goals and indicators and agreed workplan, in line with donor requirements, based on beneficiary needs and in full coordination with national and local authorities as well as other partners;
- organize periodic meetings in order to discuss progress and follow-up on the execution of agreed action points;
- act as focal point for Consortium members and provide strategic guidance in unifying approaches between Consortium members across different reception camps;
- facilitate internal coordination and open/effective communication among consortium members and local partners and ensure the consortium partnership operates in an effective manner;
- ensure the application of common quality standards in food provision and M&E across the 4 partners in all the phases of humanitarian response;
- ensure adherence to monitoring and evaluation guidelines, frameworks and indicators as per project proposal approved by the donor;
- oversee the financial management system for the project, and – in conjunction with the Finance Manager – develop and monitor the project budget;
- coordinate communication and visibility activities of the Consortium members;
- ensure compliance to donor contract and partner agreements by Consortium members;
- supervise Consortium’s members to ensure efficient and timely procurement of goods and services in a transparent and accountable manner and in line with donor’s requirements;
- contribute to project narrative and financial reports in coordination with the Finance Manager and ensure quality and time effectiveness of reporting for different donors;
- manage the Consortium Team, including a Finance Manager, a MEAL Officer, a Advocacy/Communication Officer and the Procurement Specialist;
- oversee human resources management issues such as employment policies and practices, in line with local law;
- search for new funding opportunities with other donors and coordinate the development of new project proposals on behalf of the Consortium.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Advanced university degree in development studies, public management or other related field;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional humanitarian or development experience with an international organization;
- At least 7 years of experience in a managerial position with regards to Humanitarian Aid projects in the field;
- Demonstrated ability to implement projects with rigorous deliverables and timelines in accordance with set timeframes and donor regulation;
- Experience of managing large grants from major international donors, particularly EU-DEVCO and DG-ECHO;
- Demonstrated experience in writing projects, including for Humanitarian Aid donors;
- Demonstrated capacity in office management, including capacity building of staff;
- Previous experience managing diverse teams to deliver results on short timelines, including the development of spending plans, procurement plans and workplan;
- Previous experience of working with local NGOs as partners.
- Knowledge of the main humanitarian donors, with particular reference to DG ECHO.
- Excellent spoken and technical writing ability in English, including report writing;
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent budget planning and management skills, previous experience effectively managing multi-million dollar grants;
- Strong verbal communication skills and effective in representation and liaison with external actors
- Culturally sensitive and able to understand and work in a very complex context.
- Problem solving attitude
- Good team player with strong initiative.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and work in difficult situations.
- Previous experience in food assistance projects is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience is an asset;
- Knowledge of protection and/or WASH is an asset;
- Experience in design and use of monitoring and evaluation system across different organizations;