Oxfam and the British Embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina invite CSOs from BiH to participate in the project Strengthening Civil Society Organisations Activism in BiH.
The main goal of the project is to increase the ability of CSOs in B&H to organise and conduct advocacy campaigns and secure the funds for implementation of campaigns. This should empower the CSOs to place stronger pressure on decision makers and require them to be more accountable, as well as to better engage in public debates on implementing progressive policies.
The project is comprised of two phases: first advanced training phase and second of mentoring and coaching. The duration of the project is 18 months.
The training will be held in two sessions (9th-13th December 2013 and 24th-28th February 2014) in Sarajevo, and it will be held in English.
Objective of the training is to increase the capacity and skills of the participants in the planning and organization of advocacy campaigns. The training will be focused on empowering CSOs leaders to better analyse how political and social changes happen in BiH and to equip them with the tools and methods for developing and implementing advocacy strategies that are appropriate to the B&H context.
15 participants will be selected based on the criteria defined in addition to this call.
Oxfam will cover all expenses including training premises, internet, refreshment, training material and travel expenses for the CSO who are coming outside Sarajevo.
Upon completion of the training program the participants will be asked to present an advocacy campaign idea to be implemented in the period ahead. Through the project up to 5 of presented campaigns will be supported with coaching and mentoring in campaign planning and implementation and in communication with media. Although support will be given in seeking the funds for implementation of those campaigns, there are no funds to cover those expenses under the project.
Oxfam will organise further training with participants to enable them to share their knowledge and experience with other CSOS.
Civil Society Organizations engaged in work on good governance/voice and accountability, gender and/or youth empowerment, equality and inclusion, environmental protection and other aspects of social and economic development, that:
1. Are registered in the country at national/entity/cantonal level;
2. Demonstrate enthusiasm for using participatory approaches that are responsive to the ideas and aspirations of the communities they work with;
3. Are well-developed with at least one salaried staff, with ongoing projects and sustainable funding;
4. Are currently running or planning to run an advocacy campaign or to have ideas for new campaigns and/or policy initiatives;
5. Have the mission/mandate in its statute to influence public policies and practices, and/or to have a watch dog role;
6. Have implemented or taken part in an advocacy or campaigning initiative in the past 5 years;
7. CSO umbrella organizations and networks, as well as organizations who can demonstrate that they are cooperating actively with sister CSOs to achieve shared aims will be preferred;
8. Are willing to commit the time of either the head/director of the organisation or, if one exists, the head of the advocacy/campaigning/policy unit, to participate in all aspects of the programme as outlined below.
The individual programme participant from the organisation must be available to attend two advocacy and campaigning trainings on to be held on 9th–13th December 2013 and 24th – 28th February 2014. In addition they must be able to dedicate up to 25 days to discussions, meetings, etc. with programme staff, mentors and other participants between March 2014 and March 2015.
The individual programme participant must be fluent in English – oral and written
Deadline for application: 20th November 2013
, to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th November 2013
Contact for more information email@example.com