Humanitarian Support Officer
Within the Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Department, the Humanitarian Aid Office is recruiting a Humanitarian Support Officer. Under the line management of the Head of Humanitarian Office, his/her responsibilities will be to support the Humanitarian Desk Officer in the proposal development and implementation of humanitarian projects, ensuring coordination with Countries and with Country Relationship Managers at HQ level, quality and timeliness of the response and adequate reporting.
The following tasks must be carried out in cooperation with the Humanitarian Desk Officer in order to ensure the best response for the affected populations and to evaluate the conditions for a possible development of activities. His/her main responsibilities will be to:
- Support the Countries in order to ensure the application of quality standards in the implementation and management of the humanitarian programs activities within all the phases of the joint Oxfam humanitarian responses in assigned geographical countries and/or emergencies;
- Ensure coordination with other departments for finalization of contracts with different humanitarian donors and proper start-up of activities in the countries of operation;
- Support in the preparation of reporting for different donors;
- Ensure the monitoring and follow-up to emergency and recovery interventions in which Oxfam Italia is involved in (including monitoring/evaluation missions in countries);
- Support the Countries in the elaboration of concept notes and/or project proposals to be submitted to institutional and private donors, ensuring they are developed coherently with Oxfam Italia procedures and priorities;
- Supervise the timeliness and accuracy of internal reporting and regularly update the Humanitarian Desk Officer of the progress achieved;
- Support the recruitment of humanitarian personnel as needed;
- Support the Humanitarian Office in conducting capacity building of local in-country staff and in collecting and documenting lessons learned;
- Contribute to the elaboration of procedures and tools to improve the Oxfam response in specific thematic issues or geographic areas.
- Advanced university degree or equivalent working experience.
- Previous working experiences in managing Humanitarian Aid projects in the field (at least 2 years). Previous experience of work at Head Quarters is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in writing projects, including for Humanitarian Aid donors
- Previous experience of work in developing countries
- Previous experience of working with local NGOs as partners.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian project cycle management
- Knowledge of the main humanitarian donors, with particular reference to DG ECHO and/or Italian Agency for Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid (AICS).
- Excellent written and spoken Italian, English and French or Spanish.
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of MS Office.
- Culturally sensitive and able to understand and work in a very complex context.
- Problem solving attitude
- Good team player with strong initiative.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and work in difficult situations.
- Knowledge of protection and/or WASH is an asset.