Regional Project Coordinator
ONG: Oxfam Italia
Posizione: Regional Project Coordinator
Dipartimento: Cooperation to Development and Humanitarian Aid
Sede: Florence, with frequent travel to 6 Countries in the MENA Region (Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon, Jordan, OPTI, Egypt)
Durata: 1 year, renewable
Disponibilità: 1st november 2018
Scadenza candidature: 05-10-2018
The MedUP! Consortium operating in 6 Countries of the MENA Region is made up of 4 European organizations (Oxfam, Diesis, Impact Hub International, Euclid Network), 5 Southern Mediterranean co-applicants (Sekem Development Foundation, Tunisian Center for Social Entrepreneurship, Enactus, Jordanian Hashemite fund for Human Development, Agricultural Development Association) and 4 Associated partners (Tuscany Region, Autonomous Region of Sardinia, Banca Etica, Associazione Imprenditrici e Donne Dirigenti di Azienda) that work together to promote social entrepreneurship in the Southern Neighbourhood by bringing complementary expertise to promoting livelihoods opportunities and social stability.. With the financial support of the European Union, the MedUP! Project, led by Oxfam, has the objective to increase economic inclusiveness and employment in Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine through adequate policies on social entrepreneurship, public-private dialogue and exchanges of practices and high quality services for social enterprises.
Under the management of Oxfam Italia, the supervision of the Steering Committee, and in close coordination with Oxfam’s Country Offices, the Regional Project Coordinator (RPC) is responsible for providing vision, leadership and direction to the Consortium and its activities.
He/she will coordinate a Regional Project Management Unit (RPMU) composed of a Finance manager and Technical experts based in their HQs and in the region. This RPMU will be in charge of overseeing the overall activities, organize reporting, monitoring and evaluation. The RPC will also ensure that the RPMU is duly linked to the Oxfam Regional Platform to ensure strategic alignment of the Action with the programs Oxfam is carrying out in the region. Additionally, in each targeted country, a Country Project Management Unit (CPMU) will be established, directly linked to the RPMU and composed by a Country Project Coordinator and local key staff. The CPMU will ensure sound implementation of all in-countries activities and their compliance with the EU rules. The RPC will supervise project implementation and ensure that CPMUs work coherently according to a common action plan and in strong collaboration with European partners. The RPC will ensure the consortium has a coherent strategy that responds to the requirements of people the project intends to support. Furthermore, the RPC will take a leadership role in coordination and advocacy among donors, key stakeholders and implementing partners.
The RPC position requires diplomacy and ability to advocate on behalf, and represent a coalition of partners especially when interacting with numerous institutions at Regional level.
The RPC is accountable to the Steering Committee and coordinates with the senior management teams of each agency.
The RPC is expected to work closely with the technical and policy teams involved in the project implementation towards common objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Consortium Management and accountability (20%)
- Ensure high-quality technical program monitoring through hands-on guidance and support grounded in the program’s strategic objectives and adherence to donor requirements.
- Overall responsible for program and budget monitoring
- Follow up of the discussion with partners to set-up the governance structure of the project
- Engage with the steering committee, ensuring key information on the project is available to senior members of the consortium and decisions are taken to support the effectiveness of the consortium
- Document and disseminate key steering committee decisions, roll-out the decisions and follow-up as required.
- Monitor work plan and keep partners accountable to program commitments.
- Facilitate the coordination among all partners (European and Southern Mediterranean) and Oxfam country offices by ensuring all parties intervene according to a common approach and a shared vision
Project Cycle Management & Programme Quality (35%)
- Ensure the development of overall programme guidance in terms of work plans/budget work plans, spending plans, MEAL plans, procurement plans in coordination with relevant staff from involved countries and partners;
- To report regularly, verbally and in writing to the line manager at Oxfam Italia and the Oxfam Regional Platform on regular basis on programme progress;
- To lead in preparing mid-term and final reports for the donor in collaboration with partners, project staff, technical coordinators, Funding Coordinator, Support teams. Ensure narrative reporting and financial accounting meet Oxfam and donor’s requirements;
- Support and promote programme quality and project strengthening activities e.g. data management, project quality meetings, learning events and partnership reviews;
- Monitoring and evaluating the project regularly (with regular field trips and online supervision), ensuring partners’ and community participation as appropriate, as well as accountability towards communities.
- Follow up on MEAL activities and findings ensuring that learning from monitoring and evaluation is included and strategies and programme implementation are adapted accordingly.
- Ensure that risk management and contingency planning is included at all stages of the programmes.
- Ensure an exit strategy is in place for all pilot projects funded by the project, and for the network sustainability.
- Ensure project activities have the appropriate visibility in compliance with donor requirements and procedures
People & Team Coordination (10%)
- Work closely with the technical advisors and support staff to provide appropriate guidance and managerial support to implement the project in line with the objectives laid out in the donor approved proposal;
- Facilitate communication flows between relevant staff (finance manager, technical experts at HQ levels, members of the 6 Oxfam country teams)
- Organize coordination meetings with staff to facilitate information sharing
- Supervise the work of European partners and Oxfam country offices’ staff
Budget & Financial Management (15%)
- Together with the Grant Manager, initiate monthly financial review meetings, involving relevant consortium staff and support staff to plan and monitor the budget, review procurement and spending plans, and ensure funds are spent within the time frame acceptable to Oxfam and the donor and ensuring rules and regulations of Oxfam are adhered to;
- Review actual financial performance against the budget, and explain variances on a regular basis;
- Ensure that donor contractual requirements are fulfilled, including by partners, with particular reference to the General and Technical conditions of the Grant Agreement and internal regulations, throughout the entire project period;
Representation & Advocacy (10%)
- Serve as primary project representative to donor and other international stakeholders, responsible for addressing all project matters.
- Provide strategic leadership on external communications in line with Steering Committee guidance.
- Assist with the coordination of visits of donors, and/or partners related to the project.
- Lead on organizing joint consortium events, such as joint advocacy, research, and project launch etc., coordinating closely with the policy and media teams.
Reporting & Communication (10%)
- Monitor program implementation and ensure regular reporting by consortium partners;
- Review and approve quality final donor reports, in line with the governance structure’s guidelines, based on inputs from consortium partners
- Establish and maintain clear lines of communication with project staff at Country level and ensure internal communication among consortium members and project staff is effective;
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to consortium partners on financial compliance and reporting;
- Support the Grant manager to receive, consolidate, prepare and submit regular financial reports to the donor
- Ensure all partners are submitting timely financial and narrative reports in line with donor and Oxfam system requirements
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Minimum 5 years professional work experience in international humanitarian/ development work, in the MENA region;
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading Consortia;
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading Regional programmes;
- Demonstrated technical expertise and experience in social entrepreneurship, SMEs technical and financial support, local economic development, livelihoods, and/or social cohesion programming;
- Knowledge of EU procedures
- Experience in representation and networking, in particular with Governments, humanitarian and development actors and Donors;
- Demonstrated project, program and human resource management experience, including in working with local partners;
- Strong MEAL experience, including in complex programmes with high-profile evaluations;
- A Bachelor Degree (post-graduate strongly preferred) in international relations, business administration, management, human rights, social sciences or related field;
- Proven analytical and strategic planning skills;
- High-level communications and people skills;
- Excellent writing and communication skills able to negotiate effectively between different stakeholders, and to represent the Consortium at high level forums;
- Professional fluency in written and spoken in French and English. Professional fluency in written and spoken Arabic would be an asset.
This job description is not incorporated in the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder.
Submission of applications
Interested candidates should send their CV, the details of 3 people who will serve as professional references, self presentation and motivation letter, before October 5th, 2018 to the email address email@example.com.
Please specify in the reference: “MEDUP_2018_name_surname”Profilo della figura professionale