ONG: Oxfam Italia
Posizione: Finance Manager
Dipartimento: Cooperation to Development and Humanitarian Aid
Durata: 4 months
Disponibilità: as soon as possible
Scadenza candidature: 28-06-2017
Oxfam Italia is an independent NGO established in Italy (Arezzo) at the beginning of the ‘70s and now working in several countries. Oxfam Italia was born from the experience of UCODEP, an Italian NGO committed for over 30 years in the struggle against poverty and injustice. Oxfam Italia is the Italian member within the Oxfam Confederation, the fourth international coalition in the world, specialized in humanitarian aid and development programmes.
Economic justice, access to the basic services, active citizenship, governance and humanitarian aid are the axes that guide Oxfam Italia’s intervention, coherently with the values of justice, human dignity, democracy, solidarity, engagement and simplicity.
OXFAM ITALIA PROGRAMME IN OPTI
In the framework of Oxfam 2020, Oxfam Italia is one of the partner affiliates of Oxfam country team in OPTI and supports both emergency, recovery and long-term development activities in the livestock and agriculture (urban and peri-urban areas) sectors with a specific focus on most vulnerable groups (herders and farmers), and specific attention to women and to protection activities.
Oxfam italia is currently running five legacy projects funded by AICS, DGD, SDC and are located in West Bank and Gaza ad launching a new project in WB funded by AICS.
The Finance Manager will be based in Jerusalem and will provide strategic management leadership on general accounting and financial services. The post holder will line manage two local administrators seconded to Oxfam Italia. S/he will work in close relationship with the Business Operations Manager and other relevant members of the Oxfam Country team on specific issues such as office management and costs, HR, ICT and security.
- Support the Oxfam Italia CRM and the OPTI Grant Manager in preparing budget forecasts (staff, running costs and shared costs) and regularly monitor allocation and coverage untill the end of projects run directly by Oxfam Italia
- Carry out internal monthly financial management controls ensuring OIT and Donors’ financial requirements are met
- Assist project managers in preparing and monitoring project budgets including assisting them in regular forecasts and in effectively managing the resources including providing them all necessary information related to Donor’s rules and to use the expenses planning tools, preparing agreements with partners; review financial-related aspects of grants contracts and modifications
- Oversight the preparation of the financial reports to donors ensuring they are accurate and financial rules and regulations are met
- Monitor proper management of cash flow ensuring liquidity at all times
- Review, approve, track and report transfers requests to the Headquarters including funds to be transferred to partners
- Ensure cash and banks accounts are monthly reconciled and send the reconciliation to HQ
- Accommodate internal (headquarters) audit visits and supervise the planning and preparation of external audits of whilst ensuring all timelines are met: follow up on the implementation of recommendations
- Ensure the correct follow up of audit reports required by the National Government, according to both Oxfam rules and local regulations
- Provide information, data, reports and queries on finance-related matters to the headquarter, other affiliates and donors
- Provide training and briefings for financial and non-financial staff of OIT
- Assess that financial management skills of Partners and improve their capacity through training/workshops in order to ensure compliance with relevant financial and reporting procedures
- Participate in relevant Oxfam’s working groups: financial/logistics/HR
- Accompany Oxfam Italia process of revision of its presence in the country, ensuring the respect of National legislation
- Supervise finance staff seconded to Oxfam Italia an ensure their capacity building and the capacity building of financial and administrative staff who will manage Italian Donors’
- Oversee projects inventory, capital equipment and issues related to office management
- Ensure procurement rules are regularly kept according to both OIT procedures and Donors’ regulations
- In coordination with the Oxfam’s Administrative Logistics & Security Officer ensure that all visitors to and from the program/country are supported appropriately and work permits/visas are obtained as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- At least 3 years working experience in financial management similar positions abroad with sound understanding of working with an international NGO. Knowledge of the region will be an advantage.
- Advanced university degree in fields relevant to the position (accounting, finance, business administration, human resources management, economics or other similar fields)
- Fluent written and spoken English, Italian would be an asset
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets
- Proven knowledge on grant accounting and sound experience with donors funding regulations, procedures and reporting requirements (in particular: EU (DG DEVCO), Italian Cooperation, other bilateral cooperation agencies such as SDC and DGD/Belgium)
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise a complex financial management
- Ability to process, analyze and summarize quality financial management information, identify solutions and recommend suitable courses of action. Ability to work with discretion regarding confidential information. Possession of sound judgment and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills and flexible approach to planning comprehensively, managing and prioritizing effectively a high workload and multiple tasks and deadline
- Ability to lead and manage financial team and to delegate; ability to provide support, guidance and training to financial and non-financial teams; ability to work as part of a team, adopt a consensus based approach and work effectively through others
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with people of different backgrounds and to communicate accounting concepts and principles to people with limited accounting knowledge. Ability to operate effectively in complex and highly networked working environments and to understand perspectives, pressures and challenges faced by colleagues and partners
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting gender equity and diversity and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work