Finance Grant Manager UN-HABITAT Project
ONG: Oxfam Italia
Posizione: Finance Grant Manager UN-HABITAT Project
Dipartimento: Cooperation to Development and Humanitarian Aid
Sede: Johannesbourg, with regular visit in the Region
Contratto: Fixed Term contract
Durata: 1 year, renewable
Disponibilità: April 2020
Scadenza candidature: 20-02-2020
COUNTRY: South Africa
DUTY STATION: Johannesburg with regular visit in the Region (Malawi, Mozambique, Madagascar and Comoros Islands)
NGO: OXFAM Italy
DEPARTMENT: Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid
POSITION: Finance Grant Manager for ADAPTATION FUND / UN-HABITAT Project
CONTRACT: Temporary Contract
STARTING DATE: In April 2020
DURATION: 1 year renewable
REPORTING TO: Head of Grant Management Office based in Florence (Italy)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 20/02/2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their CV, the details of 3 people in Line Management who will serve as professional references and motivation letter, all in English or French, before 20/02/2020 to email@example.com.
Please specify in the subject: “Grant Manager UN-Habitat_name_surname”
WHO WE ARE
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women and we will not stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 20 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of anyone. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records.
OXFAM received a grant by UN-HABITAT for implementing a four year’s multi-country project focus on urban resilience. The project is funded by Adaptation Fund and will be implemented in partnership by Oxfam and UN Habitat.
In alignment with the Adaptation Fund Results Framework, in particular Outcome 2 “Strengthened institutional capacity to reduce risks associated with climate-induced socioeconomic and environmental losses”, Outcome 3 “Strengthened awareness and ownership of adaptation and climate risk reduction processes at local level” and Outcome 4 “Increased adaptive capacity within relevant development and natural resource sectors”, the project has the following objectives:
1. To develop capacities and establish conditions to adapt to the adverse effects of climate change in vulnerable cities of Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique and the Union of Comoros;
2. To promote inter-country experience sharing and cross-fertilisation regarding the adaptation to transboundary climate-related natural hazards and disseminate lessons learned for progressively building urban climate resilience in south-eastern Africa.
The project is made by three components:
1. Preparation, implementation and sustainable management of 23 sub-projects at the city level, that will represent the most significant part of the project in terms of funding.
2. Tools and guidelines development and training delivery at the national level.
3. Inter-country experience sharing, cross-fertilisation and dissemination of lessons learned at the regional level, aligned with the need of a regional project to promote new and innovative solutions to climate change adaptation for urban areas in multiple countries affected by common/transboundary climatic threats.
• She/He will be responsible for the overall budget (forecast and follow up)
• She/He will monitor that the project is implemented in accordance with UN-HABITAT guidelines
• She/He will assist and support the country team in the correct implementation of the budget and recommend any diversion from the grant award agreement
• She/He will assist the country team in the donor’s compliance
• She/He will submit to the HQ at quarterly a consolidated financial report according to OIT template
• She/He will prepare the official financial reports, included the financial annexes, if any and verify the correspondence of the financial information in the narrative/technical reports
• She/He will conduct regular visits in the countries
• She/He will prepare and control the full project documentation
• She/He will conduct the audits
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• At least 5 years of experience in the administrative and financial management of the humanitarian aid projects funded by institutional donors
• Consolidated experience in management control (accounting and treasury, budgeting, procurement, monitoring, reporting, auditing)
• The knowledge of ADAPTATION FUND / UN-HABITAT guidelines is an asset
• Consolidated experience in the multi-country Partnership and sub-projects
• Excellent knowledge of the English and French language. Italian language is an asset
• Availability to regular trips to the Region for missions;
• Experience in Africa countries is high desirable.
• Very good knowledge of Excel spreadsheet
• Knowledge of an accounting program is desirable
• Excellent relationship management skills with international partners;
• Ability to work in teams and predisposition to interpersonal relationships;
• Precision, reliability, autonomy, flexibility and problem solving attitude are required for this position.
This job description is not incorporated in the contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as the position will be detailed in specific ToR
CVs will be pre-selected according to their coherence with the required profile. Selected candidates will be contacted for a written test and those who are considered eligible will be called for interviews. In case interviews will be held in Florence, Italy, travel costs on account of candidate. For candidates who are not in Italy the first interview will be conducted through phone or Skype.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: for more information about the organization, please consult our webpage: www.oxfamitalia.org