Meal Officer Serbia
The Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer is responsible for supporting the Consortium four member’s program teams by developing and coordinating the implementation of comprehensive MEAL systems to improve the quality and enhance our ability to demonstrate the impact of our humanitarian responses.
- Undertake overall lead and provide support to the Consortium and partners’ teams in designing and ensuring the operationalization and implementation of effective MEAL strategies and plans for humanitarian response programme at all levels in line with agreed standards.
- Provide technical advice and support in designing and implementing humanitarian response programme and project MEAL systems, including the definition of specific processes, methodologies and tools.
- Identify, test and roll-out innovative MEAL approaches and methods including use of ICT – particularly for monitoring, accountability and beneficiary feedback in remote humanitarian response programming settings.
- Reinforce the culture and practice of accountability to affected communities among the consortium members, by providing training, technical support, designing and rolling-out context appropriate accountability systems, including information sharing and feedback mechanisms
- Ensure compliance with Oxfam’s beneficiary counting methodology, and lead on initiatives to strengthen data and information management.
- Provide assurance and control of the quality of humanitarian response programme and project MEAL that is appropriate to the context and in line with Oxfam standards.
- Work with the Consortium and partners’ humanitarian response team to develop a culture of programme quality and knowledge-driven programming, providing support to management for evidence-based decision making processes.
- Provide guidance to and support developers and authorisers in ensuring that humanitarian response programme quality is embedded in new projects and that developed projects meet expected quality standards. Influence funding and decision-making processes to ensure adequate resource allocation for MEAL.
- Advice and support the Consortium and partner teams on quality information gathering and analysis at community, local and national level to facilitate informed programme and project design.
- Lead / support on the design and management of evaluations in compliance with Oxfam’s evaluation policy.
- Facilitate identification of needs, planning, and implementation of the Consortium and partner’s humanitarian response team capacity building in MEAL, and build capacity of Oxfam and partner staff to deliver MEAL, including through induction, training, and coaching.
- Promote and facilitate the identification of learning from MEAL practices by Oxfam and partner’s humanitarian response team, ensure that knowledge and learning is shared internally and externally, and promote replication of good practices across the country programme.
- Ensure that all MEAL work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to gender and protection issues.
- Line manage staff in line with Oxfam policies, ensuring that they have the necessary induction, strategic guidance and management support;
Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the line manager.Profilo della figura professionale