ONG: Oxfam Italia
Posizione: MEAL Officer
Dipartimento: Cooperation to Development and Humanitarian Aid
Contratto: Fixed term Contract, around 1.900-2.050 Euros gross per month, according to candidate’s previous experience.
Durata: 8 months
Disponibilità: 16th November 2017
Scadenza candidature: 31-10-2017
The Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer is responsible for supporting the Consortium four member’s program teams by developing and coordinating the implementation of comprehensive MEAL systems to improve the quality and enhance our ability to demonstrate the impact of our humanitarian responses.
- Undertake overall lead and provide support to the Consortium and partners’ teams in designing and ensuring the operationalization and implementation of effective MEAL strategies and plans for humanitarian response programme at all levels in line with agreed standards.
- Provide technical advice and support in designing and implementing humanitarian response programme and project MEAL systems, including the definition of specific processes, methodologies and tools.
- Identify, test and roll-out innovative MEAL approaches and methods including use of ICT – particularly for monitoring, accountability and beneficiary feedback in remote humanitarian response programming settings.
- Ensure compliance with Oxfam’s beneficiary counting methodology, and lead on initiatives to strengthen data and information management.
- Provide assurance and control of the quality of humanitarian response programme and project MEAL that is appropriate to the context and in line with Oxfam standards.
- Work with the Consortium and partners’ humanitarian response team to develop a culture of programme quality and knowledge-driven programming, providing support to management for evidence-based decision making processes.
- Provide guidance to and support developers and authorisers in ensuring that humanitarian response programme quality is embedded in new projects and that developed projects meet expected quality standards. Influence funding and decision-making processes to ensure adequate resource allocation for MEAL.
- Advice and support the Consortium and partner teams on quality information gathering and analysis at community, local and national level to facilitate informed programme and project design.
- Lead / support on the design and management of evaluations in compliance with Oxfam’s evaluation policy.
- Facilitate identification of needs, planning, and implementation of the Consortium and partner’s humanitarian response team capacity building in MEAL, and build capacity of Oxfam and partner staff to deliver MEAL, including through induction, training, and coaching.
- Promote and facilitate the identification of learning from MEAL practices by Oxfam and partner’s humanitarian response team, ensure that knowledge and learning is shared internally and externally, and promote replication of good practices across the country programme.
- Ensure that all MEAL work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to gender and protection issues.
- Line manage staff in line with Oxfam policies, ensuring that they have the necessary induction, strategic guidance and management support;
Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the line manager.
- At least 5 years of solid multi-country practical experience as a M&E / MEAL specialist and 2-3 years as a MEAL Officer / Manager in humanitarian / development programme;
- Relevant qualification (preferably post-graduation) in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Project Management or closely related fields, with specialized training in monitoring and evaluation, or a combined professional qualification and sound experience;
- Proven knowledge of FCS – Food Consumption Score.
- Passion for improving effectiveness and impact of multi-sectoral programs and demonstrating tangible outcomes for poor and vulnerable women and men;
- Proven ability to advise and lead on the development and implementation of MEAL strategies, plans, and systems in complex humanitarian and development programmes;
- Strong technical competence and experience in quantitative and qualitative M&E methods, data analysis, reporting and understanding of contemporary trends and innovations in MEAL including demonstrated use of ICT;
- Previous experience of working on humanitarian programmes in Oxfam’s sectors of operation, particularly WASH, livelihood, gender and protection;
- Demonstrable ability to think creatively and practically to improve MEAL, including in insecure and remote management contexts;
- High degree of computer literacy and word processing and Excel skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with demonstrable ability to lead, influence, and motivate others in a diversity of contexts and functions;
- Strong self-awareness, as well as strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and team building skills;
- Experience with statistical packages (e.g. SPSS, R) and familiarity with IT applications to support MEAL and information management;
- Strong experience in influencing, managing, advising, training, and coaching others on MEAL;
- Ability to plan workload and demonstrate accountability for outputs with minimal direct supervision;
- Good organizational skills including accuracy, consistency, attention to detail, tenacity, and the ability to work under pressure;
Fluency (both oral and written) in Serbian and English. Fluency in any other Balkans language or Italian is an added asset.Profilo della figura professionale