PROGRAM COORDINATOR – CONSORTIUM SERBIA
ONG: Oxfam Italia
Posizione: Program Coordinator - Consortium Serbia
Dipartimento: Dipartimento Cooperazione allo Sviluppo e Aiuto Umanitario
Contratto: Fixed Term contract (Project based)
Durata: 12 Months (renewable)
Disponibilità: October 2018
Scadenza candidature: 02-09-2018
POSITION: Program Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid
TYPOLOGY OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term contract (Project based)
STARTING DATE: 1st October 2018
DURATION: 12 months – possible extension until 16 months
DUTY STATION: Belgrade
LINE MANAGER: Chief of Party – Consortium
SALARY: Monthly between 2.400 and 2.600 Euro gross 2 (as per Serbian law)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 2nd September 2018
Interested candidates should send their CV, the details of 3 people who will serve as professional references, a short self-presentation letter explaining how the candidate’s qualifications and previous experiences are in line with this job description. Applications shall be sent in English to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying in the subject: “Selection_P.Coord_Name_Surname”.
Since September 2015 Oxfam is responding to the migrant influx to Europe and aims to meet the needs of people on the move in need of protection. Oxfam is responding in Serbia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYRoM), Greece and in Italy (Sicily) through partners or through direct services delivery (Greece). The responses, that primarily respond to the needs of the affected migrants and refugees aim to deliver relevant and credible information for the purpose of global and national influencing of engaged publics and decision makers The responses in the countries are aligned by one agreed Strategic Plan that is backed up by a well-developed influencing plan.
While the initial response focused on the Serbian borders with Macedonia, Hungary, Bulgaria and Croatia, and the Macedonian border with Greece, Oxfam Italy is currently focusing on Belgrade area and Serbian Northern borders where migrants are stuck after the official closure of the Western Balkan route in March 2016.
Currently OIT manages ECHO funded projects and it is transitioning to EUTF funding. OIT is the Leader organization of a Consortium (with CARE and CARITAS) which will provide access to food in 15 governmental facilities hosting migrants, asylum seekers and refugees in Serbia.
Under the supervision of the CoP the Programme Coordinator will coordinate the activities related with food (and other attached components) in the EUTF response.
The post reports to the Oxfam Consortium Chief of Party. He/she will be based in Belgrade at the Consortium office.
His/her main responsibilities will be to:
1. Coordinate with partners the activities of the Consortium, ensuring planning, follow up and reports are timely and well prepared
2. Plan and implement programmatic and logistic aspects of the programme, with specific attention to a) food distributions managed by partners and b) procurement and delivery of PIF, Food for infants and water
3. Coordinate the relationship with the partner to ensure a regular and effective activities implementation
4. Actively engage with Senior Consortium staff in strategic thinking and decision making
5. Ensure timely and proper programmatic reporting from Partners and Consortium activities
6. Participate actively to Steering Committees and support CoP in external relations
7. Build a cohesive and goal oriented team (with Partners) in order to smoothly and effectively achieve the programme’s expected results
8. Collect information about potential implementation risks and obstacles, propose solutions and constantly report to the CoP
9. Develop KPI in collaboration with Partners to evaluate performance of Partners and Catering companies.
10. Continuously assess and evaluate catering performances and timely report to Chief of Party.
• 7 years of experience in management /coordination roles
• Advanced university degree in Business Administration or Management or related areas
• Previous experience in development projects (at least for 5 years and large scale development projects 5/10 M Euro size)
• Expertise in writing donors’ reports
• Ability to adapt and work in difficult situations with proven successes in working under pressure and in stressful environments
• Proven successes as team player with strong initiative
• Proven diplomatic attitudes and skills with good inter-personal and strong communication skills
• Ability to directly implement procurements using specific procurement methods and to analyze and solve procurement challenges
• Commitment to a rights-based approach, gender equality and protection
• Knowledge of humanitarian principles
• Culturally sensitive and able to understand and work in complex contexts
• Excellent written and spoken English and Serbian.
• Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of Ms Office
• Problem solving attitude
• Ability to mainstream gender approach in the programme
The following qualifications will be considered as an asset:
• Interest and motivation to work in a non-profit organization;
• Conceptual and practical understanding of protection issues including human rights and refugee rights, international humanitarian law
• Proven previous experiences working with local NGOs as partners
• Knowledge and previous experience in the country and in the region;
• Knowledge of Arabic and/or Farsi languages
CVs will be pre-selected according to their coherence with the required profile. Candidates might be called for interviews and selection tests starting from the first day after the reception of CVs. Interviews will be held in Belgrade. Travel costs will not be reimbursed to candidates. For candidates who are not in Belgrade the interview will be by Skype/telephone. Only pre-selected CVs will be contacted. Oxfam Italia would like also to inform applying candidates that this recruitment process will serve also to feed into our Humanitarian Roster. Therefore, candidates who are not interested to be considered also for the roster are kindly request to specify it in their self-presentation letter.
We thank all those who sent their application, but we inform that only those pre-selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: for more information about the organization, please consult our webpage: www.oxfamitalia.it.Profilo della figura professionale