Project Manager Sudan
OXFAM IN SUDAN
Oxfam’s overarching vision for Sudan is to help Sudanese build a country free of conflict, where people are prosperous, have equal access to resources, and participate actively in decision making, and where governance structures are responsive to people’s needs.
Oxfam work in Sudan is focused on: humanitarian intervention and support, building resilience of vulnerable communities through livelihoods, enlarge the capacity of people and amplify their voices to influence governance systems and address the root causes of structural injustice.
WITHIN THE CONFEDERATION OF OXFAM INTERNATIONAL
Oxfam works in Sudan through the presence and contributions of various Oxfam affiliates within the Confederation of Oxfam International. Oxfam US is the Executing Affiliate. Oxfam Italy is a Partner Affiliate and is registered in the country. The present position will report directly to the Country Director of Oxfam in the Country and will be “matrix managed” by Oxfam Italy Country representative.
- Ensure the correct implementation of the humanitarian project “Riduzione sostenibile dell’insicurezza alimentare e della malnutrizione acuta e moderata nella locality di Sinkat (Red Sea State)”
- Maintain and improve the relationships with the Sinkat Council and the representatives of the AICS program in Red Sea State.
- maintain and build technical relationships with the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs (MHA) and the Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) in Red Sea State;
- Ensure communication with Oxfam Italy HQ,
- Ensure, in coordination with the Oxfam Country Director in Sudan, the management and capacity building of the staff involved in the implementation of the project, according to Oxfam values and ways of working;
QUALIFICATIONS AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Fluent in spoken and written Italian
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in similar roles – specifically in managing humanitarian and development programmes funded by AICS / Italian Cooperation Agency.
- Experience in managing humanitarian, resilience and development projects and strategies.
- Knowledge of humanitarian standards and codes.
- Experience in managing WASH, emergency food security, community building, capacity building actions;
- Good knowledge of developing and implementing monitoring systems to track the effectiveness of projects and an ability to build cooperative, professional relationships with the donor, partners and peer organisations;
- Previous experience of working in Sudan is an asset;
- Management skills, including line management, evidence of capacity to support others. A proven record of effective management in an insecure environment is an asset;
- Commitment to equal opportunity and gender policies.
- Evidence of project cycle management experience, including strategic planning, budgeting, reporting, monitoring & evaluation;
- Experience in building the capacity of the team internally and of external stakeholders;
- Experience in working and jointly implement projects involving local organisations as implementing partners;
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills;
- Good interpersonal, influencing and communication skills;
- Proven team leadership and ability to work independently as required;
- Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts;
- Good written and spoken English is essential. A good working knowledge of Arabic would be desirable;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required;
- Confident in dealing with wide range of INGOs and partner agencies and representation skills;
- Sympathy with the aims and Objectives of Oxfam;
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
- Willing and able to travel frequently within Sudan.
Profilo della figura professionale